Advancing Our Mission
Through our Mission Trip Program, NSF partners with leading spine surgeons, NuVasive, Inc.®, in-country medical professionals, governments, hospitals and other nonprofits to facilitate mission trips that bring life-changing spine surgery, training and technology to under-resourced communities around the globe.
The NSF team embraces collaboration and partnership in order to leverage the best possible outcomes for the patients we set out to help. NSF works hand-in-hand with NuVasive, Inc., local medical professionals, governments, hospitals and other nonprofits to break down financial, geographic and cultural barriers to ensure that patients around the world get the care they deserve.
Our mission teams are made-up of renowned spine surgeons, allied health professionals and volunteers who are committed to giving patients access to the surgical treatment they critically need, while providing a pathway toward a normal life at no cost to them. These individuals volunteer their time and expertise out of the sheer love of giving back and changing lives.
2019 Mission Trips & Partnerships
- Barbados: In partnership with World Pediatric Project
- Belize: In partnership with SpineOverSeas
- Columbia: In partnership with Global Spine Outreach
- Ethiopia: In partnership with Global Peace & Love Foundation and Conscience International
- Honduras: In partnership with One World Surgery and World Pediatric Project
- Kenya: In partnership with Giving Back Kenya
- Mexico: In partnership with Global Spine Outreach
- Mongolia: In partnership with The Virtue Foundation
- Uganda: In partnership with Duke Global Neurosciences and Neurosurgery
- United States: In partnership with Spine Hope
Patient Profile: Meet Dani
On a mission trip to Mexico in 2018, the NSF team met Dani—a young girl with severe scoliosis who had a large tumor removed to save her life, but left her paralyzed from the waist down. Dani struggles to breathe as her spine continues to collapse on itself. With your support and NSF’s partnership with Global Spine Outreach, we can help improve Dani’s quality of life!