The Mission Trip Program:
NSF provides support and advances it’s mission through a partnership model. Through the Mission Trip Program, NSF partners with leading spine surgeons, NuVasive, Inc., in-country medical professionals, governments, hospitals and other nonprofits to bring life-changing spine surgery, training and technology to under-resourced communities around the world.
NSF provides the following support to it’s partners:
- Mission planning & logistics
- Funding (travel, surgical supplies and shipping/customs)
- NuVasive products (instruments and implants)
- Neuromonitoring services
All mission trip team members generously volunteer their time and expertise out of the sheer love of giving back.
NSF is not a granting organization – Instead, NSF focuses on building partnerships to lead and support mission trips. NSF is solely focused on facilitating mission trips and does not engage in event sponsorship or related charitable donations. As a nonprofit, NSF funds mission trips through fundraising and utilizes donated product (instruments and implants) and services (neuromonitoring and product support) from NuVasive Inc.
NSF Supported Mission FAQs
NSF strongly believes in the power of strategic mission partnerships that break down financial, geographic and cultural barriers to ensure that patients around the world get the care they deserve. Mission partners provide continuity in clinical care and decision making at each site, while allowing NSF to focus on providing its piece of the puzzle: spine technology, training and service. Our partnerships run on a sliding scale and are determined on a variety of factors including timing, impact and resource availability.
Does NSF give grants?
NSF is not a granting organization and instead works closely with it’s partners to advance a shared mission.
Who are NSF’s target mission partners?
NSF partners with surgeons and nonprofits who are interested in taking the clinical lead in setting-up and directing a mission site. Ideally the partner will have already traveled to the mission site and has a current relationship with the local hospital or surgeon in-country.
How are mission partners selected?
Mission partners apply for partnership through the NSF website. Applications are reviewed and ruled on by NSF’s Board of Directors on a bi-annual basis. NSF is a separate legal entity from NuVasive, Inc. and NuVasive’s commercial interests play no part in the NSF partnership process. Due to the high volume of requests, NSF will not accept requests outside of the bi-annual application deadlines listed below. NSF encourages applicants to apply as early as possible and please reach out with any questions or concerns.
Mission Application Deadlines 2019-2020:
- Mission Trips scheduled between July – December 2019: Apply by May 1, 2019 – CLOSED
- Mission Trips scheduled between January – June 2020: Apply by October 1, 2020
- Mission Trips scheduled between July – December 3: Apply by May 1, 2020
- Visit: https://nuvasivespinefoundation.org/support/supported-missions-application/
- Complete the online form – Please be as detailed as possible
- The NSF team will review your partnership request and reach out to confirm that they have received your request within 5-7 business days. .
- You will be notified of the decision within 60 days of your request.
I am a medical professional/surgeon and am interested in volunteering for an existing NSF mission trip, how do I apply?
NSF has a number of current partnerships that are in need of philanthropic surgeons to donate their time and spine expertise on a mission trip – a few examples are listed below. If you are interested in attending as a volunteer surgeon, please apply online at: https://nuvasivespinefoundation.org/get-involved/medical-professionals/
Who should I reach out to with questions or how can I get connected with NSF?
A great first step in getting involved with NSF is to learn more about us by connecting with us. Here are a few resources to help you do that.
- Jamie Hagan, Executive Director, NuVasive Spine Foundation – 858. 766.1426 – email@example.com
- Website: nuvasivespinefoundation.org
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nuvasivespinefoundation/
- NEW! Instagram: @nsfmissions